General installation guide
Check your order for correctness and defects before installation.
When using multiple Smart Home WiFi devices, we advise you not to connect them to your normal WiFi network. This is to prevent overloading your router. Easily order an extra router in our webshop and use it for your Smart Home devices. This reduces the chance of malfunctions and is safer to use.
- Download and install the Smartlife app on your smartphone or tablet
- Create your Smart Home by creating a new account. Follow the directions in the app. Allow the app to access your location and leave it on until the devices are paired.
- Connect the product with the supplied power cable or according to the electrical installation diagram*
- Press 'Add device' or the blue '+' sign at the top right
- Select the type of device you want to add on the left:
- Dimmers and switch modules: 'Elektra' > 'switch (wifi)'
- Curtain/screen switch modules: 'Elektra' > 'curtain switch (wifi)'
- Thermostats: 'Small household' > thermostat (wifi)
- Sensors: 'Security sensor' > select your sensor (Wi-Fi)
- Universal remote control: Choose Other > Universal remote control
- Select the desired 2.4 GHz WiFi network. Make sure that both your phone/tablet and the device are within range of your WiFi router
(ATTENTION: these products do not work with a 5GHz network. Disable this during installation!)
- Check whether the light on the device to be added flashes quickly or whether it makes a rapid beeping sound. Confirm this at the bottom of the screen and press 'Next'
(NOTE: The frequency must be several times per second. If the frequency is lower, your device is not in the correct pairing mode. Please reset the device according to the attached original manual so that the correct mode is active)
- The app will now search for the device.
If the device is not found, you can go through the following steps:
- Check again if the correct pairing mode is set (step 6)
- If the device is still not paired after several attempts in 'EZ mode', press 'Switch Pairing Mode' and follow the steps in the app
- If you don't see this button, manually switch to AP mode and follow the steps in the app.
- Congratulations! Your Smart Home device is ready for use. You can now control your devices remotely and set up smart commands!